How To Make Delicious Cold Brew Coffee At Home
Coffee, in general, has grown in popularity as people have become more health-conscious and made more efforts to kick caffeine addictions. So is drinking cold brew coffee better than drinking regular hot coffee?
Because cold brew doesn’t need to be as strong as regular coffee, some might simply use rich cold brew as an excuse to binge drink more caffeine. But there are certainly plenty of good reasons to drink cold brew.
If you love your coffee piping hot but want to learn how to make cold brew coffee to drink on a hotter day, follow these steps!
What You’ll Need
There are a few things you’ll need to make delicious cold brew coffee at home: a coffee grinder, a french press, coffee beans, and filtered water. The coffee grinder is necessary to grind the beans into a finer grind, which is required for cold brew coffee.
The French press will be used to steep the coffee grounds in water overnight. Coffee beans are, of course, the main ingredient. Filtered water is necessary to avoid any unwanted flavors in your coffee.
Best Coffees for Cold Brew
When choosing coffee for cold brew, go for a medium or dark roast. These coffees have more oils and solids, which will give your cold brew more body and flavor. Avoid light roasts, as they can taste watery and bland.
Grinding Coffee Beans
If you’re looking for more info on a delicious and easy cold brew coffee recipe, look no further! To make cold brew coffee at home, you’ll need to begin by grinding the coffee beans. We recommend using a coarse grind setting, so that your coffee will not end up over-extracted.
If you have a French press, here is the procedure for brewing using the particular device:
- You’ll want to use about double the amount of beans than you would for a regular cup of coffee
- Add ground beans to your French press
- Pour in cold water, filling the press to the top
- Stir the grounds and water together
- Place the lid on the press, making sure the plunger is in the UP position.
- Allow 12-24 hours for the mixture to steep. The stronger the coffee, the longer it steeps.
- After the cold brew has steeped, press the plunger down slowly, separating the grounds from the coffee.
- Pour the coffee into a pitcher or mason jar and store it in the fridge. It will keep for up to two weeks.
To make iced cold brew coffee:
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour cold brew coffee over the ice, leaving room for cream or milk if desired.
- Add cream or milk, and enjoy!
Brewing cold brew coffee at home is a great way to save money and enjoy a delicious cup of coffee any time of day. Give it a try today!
Enjoy Your Refreshing Cold Brew!
In conclusion, making delicious cold brew coffee at home is easy and only requires a few simple ingredients. All you need is coffee, water, and a container. You can as well add anything that will satisfy your palate. Follow the steps above and enjoy your delicious cold brew!
If you enjoyed this article about homemade cold brew coffee, then check out the rest of our website to learn more relevant information!