What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving in the United States, and is seen as the start of the Christmas shopping season. It’s become increasingly popular in the UK over recent years, with more and more retailers offering big discounts on the day.
So, when is Black Friday in the UK? This year it falls on 27th November 2020. And how do you know when sales happen? Keep an eye on your favourite retailers’ websites and social media channels in the lead up to Black Friday, as they’ll be sure to let you know about any deals or discounts they’re offering.
When is Black Friday in the UK?
Black Friday is always the day after Thanksgiving in the United States, which means that it falls on the fourth Thursday of November. In the United Kingdom, Black Friday falls on the last Friday of November. This year, Black Friday is November 27th.
Most retailers in the UK start their sales early on Black Friday morning, and some even start them on Thursday night. Some stores will offer special deals and discounts that are only available for a limited time, so it’s important to keep an eye out for those. Other stores will have ongoing sales throughout the weekend and beyond.
To make sure you don’t miss any great deals, it’s a good idea to sign up for newsletters from your favourite stores or follow them on social media. That way, you’ll be among the first to know about any special offers they have going on.
What sales happen on Black Friday?
In the UK, Black Friday falls on the last Friday in November, which is also the start of the Christmas shopping season. On Black Friday, many retailers offer huge discounts on popular items, which makes it the perfect time to do your Christmas shopping. Some stores even open early or stay open late to accommodate all the shoppers!
However, not all sales happen on Black Friday itself. Many retailers start their sales a few days early, and some continue them into Cyber Monday (the Monday after Black Friday). So if you’re looking for the best deals, be sure to keep an eye out starting from a few days before Black Friday.
Of course, with so many people looking for bargains, it can be easy to get caught up in the hype and spend more than you intended. So before you start shopping, be sure to set a budget and stick to it.
How to know when sales happen?
Sales happen throughout the year, but Black Friday is the biggest sale event of them all. Here are some tips on how to know when sales happen:
1. Check your favourite stores’ websites and sign up for their newsletters. This way, you’ll be one of the first to know about any upcoming sales.
2. Follow popular fashion bloggers and influencers on social media. They often share information about upcoming sales events before anyone else.
3. Download a shopping app like Shopkick or Flipp, which provide users with real-time updates on sales and deals at nearby stores.
4. Be on the lookout for store flyers and advertising circulars that come out each week. Many stores announce their upcoming sales in these materials.
5. Keep an eye out for special sale days, like Cyber Monday or Boxing Day Sales. These are usually big events with lots of great deals to be had.
Black Friday is a great time to grab some bargains, but it can be tricky to know when the sales are happening. Our advice is to start early and keep an eye on your favorite stores’ websites and social media channels. That way, you’ll be sure to snap up the best deals before they’re gone. Happy shopping.